1st Capital Bank offers a welcoming, friendly work environment and a caring attitude toward its employees. The Bank places great value on its employees, realizing its success as a community bank is largely due to an extraordinary staff. Competitive compensation and a strong benefits program are offered with special focus on helping employees achieve a healthy work/life balance. We are also active in our community and proud of the emphasis management places on community involvement.
To apply for a career with 1st Capital Bank please send us your resume
Fax: (831) 264-4001 please include a cover letter and fax sheet
1st Capital Bank
Human Resources Department
150 Main Street, Suite 150
Salinas, CA 93901
1st Capital Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by law. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Client Services Representative - Part time
1st Capital Bank is seeking a Client Services Representative to provide prompt, courteous and efficient customer service. The Client Services Representative performs teller transactions in compliance with banking regulations, policies, and procedures while maintaining confidentiality of bank records and customer information. This position informs and educates customers of bank services and products, and provides excellent customer service while identifying customer needs and referring clients to the appropriate service channels. Open positions in Salinas and San Luis Obispo Branches.
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- One-year prior customer service, banking/retail sales, and cash handling.
- Must possess good interpersonal skills when representing the bank.
- Ability to protect and maintain confidential information.
- Professional in appearance and in verbal communication.
- Math aptitude – requires the ability to count cash/coin.
- Requires attention to detail and the ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written and oral forms.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule that may include overtime.
1st Capital Bank is seeking a Personal Banker to take a lead role in creating an outstanding customer experience by opening new accounts, resolving customer service issues, offering convenience services, and helping the Branch meet objectives. As a Personal Banker, you will assist our customers by handling teller transactions accurately and efficiently during peak service times. The Personal Banker is responsible for creating productive conversations with the customer to identify and properly assess their needs and determine products and services that are solutions and build loyal lasting relationships. The Personal Banker will partner with the branch team and specialists (such as Loan Officers and Business Bankers), to ensure our customers get access to experts who can help them with specialized financial needs. This position will be in our Salinas branch.
- Banking and the financial services industry, with at least two years of banking experience.
- Maintain confidentiality of files and privileged information.
- Reviewing, reconciling, posting and adjusting financial transaction entries.
- Banking regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Ability to deliver excellent service to teammates and customers.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment while delivering accurate and quality work product.
Director of Digital Channels
The Director of Digital Channels will be responsible for the strategic direction of sales and marketing of treasury management products/services to existing and prospective clients while working directly with our relationship managers. This position will directly oversee, manage and provide leadership to digital channels team and indirectly manage the operations team as the following outline of objectives are met:
Key focus areas will be: analyzing profitability of new business opportunities and achieving fee income and solidifying customer retention efforts through superior customer service; developing and implementing a strategic roadmap for the Bank’s treasury and digital banking products/services for a seamless customer experience across all digital channels; implementing and maintaining treasury and digital banking services/products to ensure regulatory risk assessment and compliance; developing, enhancing and supporting the consumer mobile and online banking products and services to include payments and remote deposit capture; leading, participating and collaborating with CAO and executive management on various strategic technology projects emphasizing customer service, targeting customer needs and operational efficiencies while ensuring appropriate risk framework, governance and monitoring for listed operations to ensure full compliance with regulations and internal policies and procedures.
- Bachelor’s Degree; and preferably AAP Certified
- 5+ years of experience leading and motivating teams, including partnering across areas without direct supervisory lines
- 10+ years of banking with 5+ experience in the digital space/treasury management, and a focus on the building and development of products/services
- FiServ Premier experience a plus
- Solid understanding of user experience design and design thinking
- A customer-centric mindset and passion for continually improving the end user experience
- Demonstrated ability to operate both strategically and tactically
- An ability to turn business strategy and analysis into user-friendly digital products
- Excellent organization skills and attention to detail
Proven ability to lead, build relationships, and work effectively in a highly cross-functional organization.
Senior Commercial Underwriter
This position plays a critical role on the Commercial Banking Underwriting team. The individual will work directly with Relationship Managers, Credit Administration Officers, the Chief Credit Officer and other team members to analyze the most complex new commercial credit opportunities and underwrite the most complex new or renewed credit exposure. This underwriter may be expected to attend client and prospect meetings with the Regional President, Relationship Manager and/or Portfolio Manager in order to gather first-hand information. The Senior Commercial Underwriter is expected to perform research in order to identify, quantify and mitigate underwriting risk inherent in a commercial lending transaction. As a senior underwriter, the employee will be expected to develop a strong working relationship with Credit Administration team members, Relationship Managers, attorneys, appraisers, accountants and other bankers in order to further develop their expertise and knowledge base. The Senior Commercial Underwriter can also expect to be assigned and accountable for completion of special projects that relate to improving the credit analysis and portfolio management functions of the Bank. This position will be located in Salinas, CA or San Luis Obispo, CA.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Business or other related field preferred. Professional experience in banking or related industry may be used in combination with or in lieu of education requirement
- Minimum seven years commercial credit analysis experience with the demonstrated ability to handle more complex transactions
- Strong analytical, problem solving and technical writing skills
- Intermediate to advanced computer skills using word processing and spreadsheet programs
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with advanced level of computer skills necessary to develop necessary analytics used in underwriting